This week’s alternative fuel and fleet industry news headlines include a big announcement from the DOE, news from Alliance AutoGas partner Charter Fuels, and more. Follow @AllianceAutoGas for ongoing news updates on issues affecting your fleet.
- The U.S. Department of Energy is providing $5 million in funding to encourage adoption of alternative fuel vehicle technology.
- Alliance AutoGas partner Charter Fuels is featured in Work Truckmagazine for
their participation in a Milwaukee Green Vehicles Workshop. Josh Budworth of Charter Fuels showcased a propane autogas-powered 2011 Ford F-150 and spoke on a panel about alternative fuels such as propane autogas, natural gas, ethanol and electricity.
- A Georgia public service commissioner is encouraging state business leaders and other government officials to convert vehicles to run on clean fuels like propane autogas.
- Is your fleet battling high gasoline prices? This blog explores how alternative fuel vehicles can save small businesses on fuel costs.
- Part of the Southeast Propane Autogas Development Program roadshow series, the North Carolina Propane Autogas Roadshow rolled through Asheville at the famed Biltmore Estate last week. The event featured many Program fleet success stories, such as the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office, which is saving over $53,000 annually on fuel costs with 10 autogas cruisers.